The Easter Bunny is coming and you need to prepare your home for his arrival. If you don’t, he may not come to your house! Gasp! Don’t run the risk of waking up on Easter morning with no basket of goodies to enjoy. Getting the Easter Bunny to come to your house is as easy as 1-2-3.
1. Leave a trail of baby carrots from the street to your front door. This will lead the Easter Bunny directly to your home.
2. Decorate your Easter eggs. The more colorful the better. Leave them on display for the Easter Bunny to see. The more impressed he is with your eggs, the more treats he’ll leave in your basket.
3. The Easter Bunny’s favorite dessert is Carrot Cake. Make this recipe and you are guaranteed that his keen sense of smell will lead him to your house.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan or two 9 inch rounds.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped pecans. Frost the cooled cake.
Life without chocolates and jelly beans just isn’t worth living so take these measures to insure the Easter Bunny will hippity-hop to your home on Easter Sunday.
Don’t believe in the Easter Bunny? Need evidence? Here are ways to prove the Easter Bunny was at your house:
1. Poor some sand or baby power on your front steps or your walkway. If you see rabbit prints and you have received Easter baskets, then you know for certain that Peter Cottontail was there.
2. Search for tufts of rabbit hair around the house. They look remarkable like fluffy balls of cotton.
3. If the Easter Bunny takes a drink of milk from your milk carton, the milk will turn a pastel shade of pink, blue or green, as if a few drops of food coloring were mixed in the milk.
Bookmark this blog so you can remember this great tips and look for more bright ideas as we head closer to Easter.