After what feels like an eternity of campaigning, speeches, debates and polls, the presidential election is nearly here. The political news cycle has certainly been unique in comparison to elections of yesteryear. Have we ever seen such a large pool of potential republican candidates whittled down to one shocking nominee? Have we ever seen this much “news” about one person’s email account? It could go either way at this point. If you are having trouble being entertained by the campaign that never ends, maybe puppies will help. Literally. Put some dogs in a costume and hold a vote. Let them sniff, scratch and bark their way to the nomination.
Trust us. We’re just as dogged as you are, so why not grab your best bud and have some fun celebrating the election and Halloween all in one with these do-it-yourself presidential candidate dog costumes!
Hilary Clinton Dog Costume
- Blue Dog Vest/Fleece/Jacket
- Elastic (optional)
- Blonde Surfer Wig
- Faux Pearl Necklace
Put all the pieces together to create this really cute campaign trail look. If you have difficulty getting your dog to wear the wig, you can staple a strip of elastic to the wig, so they can wear the wig like a party hat.
Donald Trump Dog Costume
- Black Dog Vest/Fleece/Jacket
- Blonde Surfer Wig
- White Paint Marker
- Red Tie
- Donald Trump Collar Template (size it to your breed, and cut from white foam)
– Use the paint marker to draw white lines on the dog vest.
– When finished, the lines should look like pin striping on a suit.
– Staple elastic to the Donald Trump Collar. The collar should be loose enough to pull over the dog’s head.
– Put all the pieces together to create an awesome look. With the wig, the messier the better. I actually stapled elastic to the wig, so that it stayed on my dog’s head.
If you and your pooch aren’t feeling too presidential this Halloween, don’t worry! Wholesale Halloween Costumes has plenty of pet costumes for your furry friend.