It’s a well-known fact that Halloween for some becomes an excuse for some to show off. At times, it can be almost comical how far some will go to make their costumes “naughty” or “sexy,” as astutely parodied in this infographic.
While the sexy versions of some costumes are better off left alone, there’s nothing wrong with pushing the envelope a little for Halloween – unless you’re going to a work party. However, it’s important to think about the consequences if your sexy costume goes wrong. By following these tips, you can ensure your racy costume will make you the center of attention for the right reasons, not the wrong ones:
- Ask yourself if you would be comfortable of a picture of you in your costume wound up on the Internet. If you wouldn’t be, you shouldn’t be wearing it. There’s a good chance that a picture could wind up online even if you don’t intend to post it yourself. And if you don’t feel comfortable with the photo winding up on the Internet, you probably shouldn’t feel comfortable wearing the costume in public.
- Make sure you pick a costume that fits well. Halloween costume sizes may not fit your body as well as your everyday clothing. Be sure to test your costume at home before you head out to make sure you avoid any wardrobe malfunctions.
- Have a clever costume. If your costume is a little risqué in the name of being more topical, relevant or funny – think some Lady Gaga costumes – it’s bound to produce a better reaction with other party goers.
- Protect yourself from the elements. Be sure to bring an overcoat with you so you aren’t stuck in a skimpier outfit in the cold.
- Sexy doesn’t always mean showing the most skin. Going for a more classically beautiful look and leaving more to the imagination may actually be a better way to produce the results you desire.